As we age, our muscles lose strength, size and flexibility. Expression lines develop, like the furrow between the eyebrows and around the mouth, and the muscles around the jaw-line, chin and neck begin to sag. This gentle, non-invasive, progressive treatment benefits all skin types, and results in skin tightening, toning and firming. The effects are so dramatic that microcurrent treatments are referred to as 'non-surgical face lifts'; they are a natural solution to anti-aging.
The MYOLIFT MINI used in this treatment is a non-invasive toning device. Regular use provides increased facial strength and tone, and a more vibrant appearance. The device sends low-levels of safe, painless electrical impulses to muscles in the face and neck. Tightened muscles relax and under-worked muscles regain strength. Microcurrent toning improves circulation, stimulates production of collagen, improves skin tone and texture, and reduces or eliminates fine lines. Microcurrent treatments can also alleviate TMJ and chronic neck tension.
What to expect from a Microcurrent Treatment*
1. A slight tingling sensation may be felt during the initial session. Most people report a feeling of relaxation, and increased energy following the treatment. You will be carefully monitored and the intensity level will be adjusted to produce a soothing sensation, similar to a facial massage, that will not overstimulate or irritate the skin.
2. When working the area under the cheekbones and around the jawline, you may experience a metallic taste, especially if you have a history of dental work.
3. When working around the eye area, stimulating the optic nerve, you may experience the perception of flashing lights, aka 'strobing'.
4. Microcurrent results are cumulative, the more treatments you have, the more improvement you will see. Weekly sessions for 3-4 weeks and once a month thereafter, are recommended.
* PLEASE NOTE: This procedure is contraindicated if you have an implanted electrical device (such as a pacemaker), a cochlear implant, a heart condition, history of seizures / epilepsy, active cancer, recent facial surgery, or if you are pregnant. In the case of diabetes, research is ongoing and you should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to booking a session.